Established in 1979, based in Cape Town, South Africa, Gemini Marine has designed and manufactured the most comprehensive range of RIBs and inflatable boats for 40 years. To continue our market leadership in boat design and manufacture, we would like an innovative, competent Head Designer to fill the vacancy to lead the design direction of our planned new range of Gemini Marine boats.
Interested applicants must forward a detailed curriculum vitae providing evidence detailing competence at delivering on the following:
- Devise a detailed plan to update, replace and introduce new products and advanced production techniques.
- Work closely with external naval design partners to guide the new products from initial design to detailed drawings.
- Manage the certification process of our current and future models in all the international markets we service.
- Maintain the drawings register of the Company.
- Assist marketing with renders as required.
- Provide guidance on all naval design matters to the management team.
- Manage the full engineering function of company.
- Coordinate both the internal and outsourced resources available to maintain the Gemini Marine’s reputation for unmatched safety and build quality.
- Regularly liaise with existing dealer network to identify future trends in the industry
- Visit international boat shows to market our existing product range and identify future design trends
- Provide leadership to the company’s product tooling department.
- Take full control of the design of all metal, upholstery and minor GRP components
- Full project management of all bespoke projects from initial scope up to product delivery
The ideal candidate will have formal naval architectural or similar qualification
Salary – Market related
Job Type: Full-time